Saturday, January 1, 2022

Roots

 As I sit on the soil my tap root runs deep

I soak in the shade beneath my family

I got them as seeds

Refrigerated, burned, boiled and soaked

To give them life in a plastic container

30, 60, 90, 120 days and into soil

Small pots, over watered, big pots too soon

New trays, less water, new pots

Bugs, pathogens, pests, creatures of all kinds

All of that before they've left my home

Find a new property and then they're out there

And subject to the world.

But then one day, one long distant day

I shall sit under these trees and

Look upon a forest from my hands

I will sit beneath them and

I will run as deeply as they do

Gounded beneath my bretheren

My life's journey manifest in an extension to the sky

From what was once dead dirt

Neglection into habitat

No comments:

Post a Comment