Saturday, January 1, 2022

Chrysalis

 I have emerged from my chrysalis 

a full-formed butterfly.

You brought me here in a great migration,     

having traveled thousands of miles to 

safely place my egg.

But the journey was so long that 

you passed onto your next form 

right before I entered my chrysalis.

I emerged fully formed ten years later,

ready to continue on the path you flew

as far as my wings will take me.

What great lessons

must have been lost

when you returned to the stars.

Just as all butterflies

before me,

I must travel the path

using the codes you and our ancestors

imprinted upon my soul

before I was born.

When the stars align

to light my path

in a dark moment

I feel you there.

May the twinkle of your star

never fade

and the souls of those you've touched

continue to light

the path for those around them

for all of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment