Monday, October 21, 2019

The Deepest Breath Out

I breathe out
to the very end
and then some.

Like the opposite of gasping for breath.

My soul pushing out
old garbage so
hard it
feels like
I'm going to turn
inside out.

So I push harder, as hard as I can. Send it on its way.

It tries to cling on. So I push even harder and hold there at the bottom.

Like a free diver
telling the seal
"You go back
up
I'm good
right here."

Sitting on the bottom of the ocean
cross legged
and letting the
cloudy sky
pass by.

Then right when the
last oxygen molecule
taps me on the shoulder
I feel the sun rays
shining through.

I float back up to the surface and marvel at the bright beautiful sky.

I looked a lifetime of trauma in the feace and told it to go somewhere else.

I will be moving forward with gratefulness, compassion and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment