Saturday, July 13, 2019

Attack in the Garden

Corn whispers a raspy
          Cardboard on cement note

A train spits
          A toot
                    As if it’s choking on a fly

Trucks slowly back up
          With helium-filled sea lion roars

Birds tap their cautious
          Morse code
                     To the
                               Cuties passing by

A snake hose
          Hisses out water

Water pops on leaves
          As if
                    Miniature children
                              Were jumping oin puddles
                                        On a leaf trampoline

I lay still,
          camouflaged in plants                    And smeared with dirt

I thought I was hidden,

The friction of my hand typewriting onto
          The paper

I should have known,        

He slid across the ground silently
          Belly almost touching the ground
                    Tightroping my blind spot

Until it’s too late

He’s poking my stomach with both hands
          In a victorious trance
                    Dance

After two and a half circles
          The game of musical chairs is over

He puddles onto me
          I’ll be here a while

No comments:

Post a Comment