Sunday, June 23, 2024

Securely Climbing Higher

 Self-conscious

Who am I?
I'm just getting by.
Wasn't long since I gave
door knocking a try

Cut my teeth on fruit trees
Daily truck rental for these
Long days on climb and ground
Trying to not get ground down

Bright lights at night to figure
To climb safely trees which are much bigger
Got a big shot but no trigger
Until I throw with more vigor

Blakes hitch and leather saddle
These trees I would battle
Loppering piece by piece
Man that was a beast

Michoacan, Rope Wrench and eventually Runner
Oh man how that made my work a lot funner
Eventually even a groundsman, my Rasta man Paul,
And a chipper JoBeau so I take nothing at all

I know insecurity should be lined in chalk
But I am quite skilled at finding something to gawk
How far do you walk
Rarer diseases do you talk

It is more and it is less
It'll put you to the test
But one day told I was 
Part of the best

Cone collecting crew in the world
My mouth edges curled
What they saw was unfurled
Into the crew I was burled

Then they asked me to teach
Even the ISA would beseech
I'm Holistically Long Beach
Then they told me I preach

I taught them to climb sans spurs
I taught them to converse
I coned the biggest trees in the universe
Now it's time to send insecurity out in a hearse

No comments:

Post a Comment